We are a creative, compassionate Christian community, deeply rooted in relationship based in the heart of Brighton
We believe Jesus welcomes, affirms and loves everyone unconditionally, inclusive of age, gender, ability, race, status, and sexuality. We long to be a church that does the same, and seek to love and serve as he did. We hope that our faith transforms us so that our beliefs are outworked in actions. We may not agree on everything, we might sometimes have more questions than answers but we are united in our love for God and one another, and are journeying and growing together, seeking to share our faith, hope and love in our local community and beyond.
Whether you are visiting Brighton for the first time, a regular member, or simply looking in out of curiosity, we welcome you at City Gate Church.
- In God, revealed as three persons: Father, his son Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
- That God is love and that He is holy.
- That Jesus died and rose again from the dead so that we might experience freedom and wholeness and that the whole world might come into its own.
- That the Holy Spirit is at work in the world and in our lives to bring God’s kingdom to earth.
- That we are made in God’s image and have a mandate to be stewards of his creation, serving the world in love and working for peace and justice.
- In the church having different expressions in local congregations, but ultimately being one body, united in Jesus.
City Gate Church belongs to the Pioneer network of churches.
Although we are not a big group of people, we are involved in lots of different projects both locally and nationally. We:
- Support FareShare Brighton & Hove (a food redistribution project).
- Support Fundelaship, a project that responds to the impact of poverty and HIV and AIDS, in the Eastern Cape.
- Are the main base for Movement in Worship.
- Run a community hall @The Dip, in Hollingdean.
- And some of our members volunteer with the Street Pastors and Healing on the Streets.
- Have an ongoing relationship with God’s Great Commission Church (GGCC), a network in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.